05 February 2009

25 Random Things

Here's the deal: Once you've read this, you are supposed to write a blog post with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, comment on the blog you read this on, to let them know to read yours!

1 - I was in a car accident with 3 other people on night of my last Matric exam. Only injuries sustained personally were torn leg muscles from the back seat crushing in (we rear ended that huge mo-fo poll on Hospital Bend at around 100km/h) though the tow truck assumed at least one of us were dead. Luckily no one was.

2 - I witnessed a death on the 29th Feb last year, where my best friend's sister passed away after being in a coma for 6.5 days. There were four of us by her bedside as she crossed over, and it's still one of the biggest moments of my life. Nothing can prepare you for the impact it makes actually being there and witnessing the death. Almost a year later, I'm still working through it, but I try keep a part of Elena with me by living life as she would - with no regrets.

3 - I am extremely sentimental, I keep almost everything, and if I pick something up that I'm looking to buy, I have to buy the one I picked up. I cant put it down and pick another of the same lest I hurt my objects feelings, who was obviously excited to be the one out of all its mates to get a home.

4 - I once got "Bad Brad"s, the guy from the first Big Brother SA, autograph. He came in to see my aunt at her work (travel agency) and she asked him for it for me. Thanks, Didi!!

5 - I'm probably one of the kinkiest people you know, even though you didnt know it!

6 - I have a few dreams: to visit Australia, to own a pet shop, and to be a successful photographer.

7 - I went cage-diving in Gaansbaai for my 19th birthday - it was amazing, and if it wasnt so expensive I'd definately go again. Though despite not usually getting sea-sick, the ride home was rough so I'd definately take something the night before.

8 - I'm feeling very broody lately :P

9 - I am extremely creative and I bore easily (myself, hopefully not others haha!). I enjoy card-making, graphic design, photography, cross-stitch, bonsai, colouring-in, and recently, sewing felt stuffies.

10 - I bought my car cash three years ago (R28,000). I worked part-time and saved throughout high school, paid for my driving lessons myself, paid for my drivers test myself, and am proud of it!

11 - I'm not that thrifty when it comes to spending. I'm an impulse buyer and curse it!

12 - My hair is naturally curly (ok, some of you from primary & high school will know this. In fact, in Matric, my headmaster called me into his office one day whilst I was passing by, only to show me the photos he was going through: he even pointed out my curly fringe from Std 6 and laughed!! Dont worry, I wasnt offended and laughed along with him :)

13 - I frequently wish I could be a tidier person. Every day I'm still trying to remind myself, put it away when you're done with it. At this moment, however, the kitchen is in a mess, the lounge pillows are all over the place, and there are clothes on the floor in the bedroom. Sigh.

14 - I cannot handle weakness. Maybe this is a weakness in myself? But either way, I cant deal with weakness in people, no matter how hard I try. I also hate inefficiency.

15 - I frequently correct people if they say "gotten". There is no such word, the Americans made it and use it, the correct term is "got". Plain and simple!

16 - I am terrible at imitating accents.

17 - I adore reading, and probably pay for most of the library's saleries with all my late fees since I take out all 7 books at a time. I also sometimes love going back to my childhood and read The Famous Five, and The Magic Faraway Tree from time to time.

18 - I have a belly ring, my ears are pierced, I have a tattoo of a spider-web on my lower back, and I had my tongue pierced twice (or was it three times?). I want another tattoo of a rat, but I'm unsure of where to put it.

19 - I like Crocs. Get over it.

20 - I'd love to learn a language. Either Spanish, Latin, or Portuguese.

21 - I absolutely loathe having strangers in my house! Or having builders near my house. Wherever I am, something always gets stolen or gets broken or just simply goes wrong!

22 - If I won the Lotto, I'd donate a percentage to animal charities, pass some to my family, buy a house & car, and use the rest to start a business. If there's any left over, I'd take my family and I on holiday.

23 - My sister and I periodically Do The Dance Of Joy. If you ever watched Perfect Strangers, you'll know what I'm talking about.

24 - I like Nutella, but I'm too cheap to buy it.

25 - My dream date would consist of time spent laughing, a tub of Bar-One ice cream, an Italian dinner with sushi starter, and there would be a slight warm breeze or none at all.

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I'm right there with you on #19! LOL! My list is up at christy.mesker.us :)

    ReplyDelete