17 September 2008

Dog Photos! aka Photographers-Block Solved!

I have been in a photography lull for a while now, what with it being winter and all, and it was really getting me down. A week or two ago I stumbled upon a blog called Dog Parks and they have some really wonderful tips, as well as some links to incredibly inspiring pet photographers...so of course, this prompted me to get my butt in gear and start using my camera! Today looked like it was going to produce somewhat ok weather, and I planned on taking some photos while walking the dogs on our local field, but unfortunately that didnt happen (mom took them later, though). However, dont dispair! I got some photo-time in after mom finished mowing the lawn (I was pushed into action by Gizmo rolling on the grass). I dashed in, grabbed my camera, and here's what I got (please feel free to leave any comments, good or bad - I'm always up for critique!!!)
Gizmo:
And one photo of our cat, Roswell:
Please excuse the watermarks, but these photos do get displayed on numerous sites and, well, internet theft 'n all...
More photos can be seen in the slideshow on the right hand side.
So a huge shout out to Dog Parks blog and a huge Thank You to all who inspired me!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots! I really love the second one - the angle and subject are both awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christy! She's an easy subject cos she's just so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are amazing. I'm convinced I must get a good camera to get a good shot of my dogs!

    ReplyDelete